Why the Bacteria Strains in Doctor's Biome are Superior to other Probiotics
“Smart” bacteria; like the ones in Doctor’s Biome, can sense when they're attached to our intestinal cells, and then remodel their expression of specific genes, including those involved in metabolism, to beneficially exploit our cells and colonize our gut.
“Microbial intelligence” also called “bacterial intelligence” is “intelligence” shown by many microorganisms. This includes complex adaptive behaviors shown by bacteria in addition to cooperative behavior in groups of similar or even unsimilar organisms. The reactions are caused by chemical signaling that stimulates behavioral and even physiological changes in the bacteria as well as in their colony forming units (CFU’s).
Many bacteria have shown amazing ability to adapt themselves to changing circumstances.
Bacteria can often display very sophisticated behavior. These behaviors are found in some of Doctor’s Biome’s individual strains as well as in mixed strains due to their interaction.
It is believed that a bacterial colony interacts like a biological “neural network”. The bacteria get information transmitted in the form of “chemical signals” and then send out chemical signals to the other bacteria in their colony.
Research in this area has been underway for some time around the world.
Bacteria can mutate into different and resistant strains due to attack (stress) from antibiotics.
Bacterial biofilms develop through the “collective behavior” of the entire colony, representing millions or billions of cells.
Some biofilms can use electric signals to synchronize their growth so that the interior cells of the biofilm do not die from starvation.
Bacteria have shown that they can swap genes between the cells of mixed strains.
Changes in nutritional environment can cause colonies of bacteria to reorganize themselves in such a way so as to maximize nutrient availability.
Environmental changes can cause bacteria transform into “endospores” that can adapt to resist dehydration and temperature changes.
The strains chosen for Doctor’s Biome were studied and published as being most beneficial to repopulate the gut; taking all of the above into consideration.
They have been shown to fight the unhealthy bacteria and yeast living in our gut. Ultimately, they can win the battle due to “competitive exclusion” and their ability to use all the mechanisms above to overwhelm the enemy and recolonize our gut.
Howard F. Robins, D.P.M.
FOUNDER & CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER
Doctors Biome is special because:
• Only 4gms of natural occurring sugar at the time of manufacture (low glycemic index, so safe for diabetics) it will become slightly tart as the bacteria feed on the sugar that’s present.
• All the bacteria are “Living” not just alive at the time of manufacture.
• 27 billion bacteria CFU’s (colony forming units) minimum per two ounce serving.
• All the bacteria are strong and healthy, growing in number, reproducing in number virtually every day. As it ages it becomes even more potent provided you don’t exceed its shelf-life.
• They are growing and living in a certified organic juice made up of: mint, kale, lettuce, cucumber, celery, apple and lemon juice.
• The juice is semi-filtered to retain fiber that will act as a prebiotic as well.
• All 15 strains of bacteria have been chosen from studies published as being especially beneficial to help prevent and treat C. difficle and other intestinal diseases and conditions, not just aid digestion.
• Most of the strains were chosen as having a physical structure so as to be able to “stick to the wall” of the intestine to fight Candida overgrowth and destroy harmful bacteria that have colonized the gut.
• All the bacteria are patented, FDA approved for human consumption and had to be specially acquired at great cost.
• Only amber vials are used to prevent damage from light.
• Shelf stable for four months stored at room temperature (70-72F) and six months refrigerated (35-40F). Do not allow to freeze or be heated.
• Two-ounce, daily, single dose servings to prevent contamination from air, common when opening and closing large containers.
• Contain no alcohol and gluten free.
• While acid-stable to survive in the stomach 85%, it is meant to be taken on an empty stomach, 30 minutes before eating to ensure transmission into the gut.
• Made in a “state of the art” FDA-inspected, GMP-compliant facility in small batches to ensure quality control.
• Every batch laboratory tested for safety and FDA compliance.
• Tested on hundreds of patients for over three years to prove its effectiveness and safety.