Why the Bacteria Strains in Doctor's Biome are Superior to other Probiotics
“Smart” bacteria; like the ones in Doctor’s Biome, can sense when they're attached to our intestinal cells, and then remodel their expression of specific genes, including those involved in metabolism, to beneficially exploit our cells and colonize our gut.
“Microbial intelligence” also called “bacterial intelligence” is “intelligence” shown by many microorganisms. This includes complex adaptive behaviors shown by bacteria in addition to cooperative behavior in groups of similar or even unsimilar organisms. The reactions are caused by chemical signaling that stimulates behavioral and even physiological changes in the bacteria as well as in their colony forming units (CFU’s).
Many bacteria have shown amazing ability to adapt themselves to changing circumstances.
Bacteria can often display very sophisticated behavior. These behaviors are found in some of Doctor’s Biome’s individual strains as well as in mixed strains due to their interaction.
It is believed that a bacterial colony interacts like a biological “neural network”. The bacteria get information transmitted in the form of “chemical signals” and then send out chemical signals to the other bacteria in their colony.
Research in this area has been underway for some time around the world.
Bacteria can mutate into different and resistant strains due to attack (stress) from antibiotics.
Bacterial biofilms develop through the “collective behavior” of the entire colony, representing millions or billions of cells.
Some biofilms can use electric signals to synchronize their growth so that the interior cells of the biofilm do not die from starvation.
Bacteria have shown that they can swap genes between the cells of mixed strains.
Changes in nutritional environment can cause colonies of bacteria to reorganize themselves in such a way so as to maximize nutrient availability.
Environmental changes can cause bacteria transform into “endospores” that can adapt to resist dehydration and temperature changes.
The strains chosen for Doctor’s Biome were studied and published as being most beneficial to repopulate the gut; taking all of the above into consideration.
They have been shown to fight the unhealthy bacteria and yeast living in our gut. Ultimately, they can win the battle due to “competitive exclusion” and their ability to use all the mechanisms above to overwhelm the enemy and recolonize our gut.
Howard F. Robins, D.P.M.
FOUNDER & CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER
Doctors Biome is special because:
• Only 4gms of natural occurring sugar at the time of manufacture (low glycemic index, so safe for diabetics) it will become slightly tart as the bacteria feed on the sugar that’s present.
• All the bacteria are “Living” not just alive at the time of manufacture.
• 27 billion bacteria CFU’s (colony forming units) minimum per two ounce serving.
• All the bacteria are strong and healthy, growing in number, reproducing in number virtually every day. As it ages it becomes even more potent provided you don’t exceed its shelf-life.
• They are growing and living in a certified organic juice made up of: mint, kale, lettuce, cucumber, celery, apple and lemon juice.
• The juice is semi-filtered to retain fiber that will act as a prebiotic as well.
• All 15 strains of bacteria have been chosen from studies published as being especially beneficial to help prevent and treat C. difficle and other intestinal diseases and conditions, not just aid digestion.
• Most of the strains were chosen as having a physical structure so as to be able to “stick to the wall” of the intestine to fight Candida overgrowth and destroy harmful bacteria that have colonized the gut.
• All the bacteria are patented, FDA approved for human consumption and had to be specially acquired at great cost.
• Only amber vials are used to prevent damage from light.
• Shelf stable for four months stored at room temperature (70-72F) and six months refrigerated (35-40F). Do not allow to freeze or be heated.
• Two-ounce, daily, single dose servings to prevent contamination from air, common when opening and closing large containers.
• Contain no alcohol and gluten free.
• While acid-stable to survive in the stomach 85%, it is meant to be taken on an empty stomach, 30 minutes before eating to ensure transmission into the gut.
• Made in a “state of the art” FDA-inspected, GMP-compliant facility in small batches to ensure quality control.
• Every batch laboratory tested for safety and FDA compliance.
• Tested on hundreds of patients for over three years to prove its effectiveness and safety.
The Truth About Probiotics!
Did you know that the probiotics you are taking may be worthless?
Did you know that they may be giving you no benefit at all? What you will read below may be upsetting but there is good news at the end!
60 minutes recently did an eye-opening story telling the startling truth about the probiotics we are using.
We all know that we need good bacteria, also called microbiome or biome, in the wall of our gut to stay healthy and aid digestion and absorption of nutrients.
They make vitamins and essential amino acid and they're able to communicate with our immune system and other organs in our body as well.
What the experts say:
Dr. Jeff Gordon working at Washington University in St. Louis is recognized as "the father of the microbiome." He has spent much of his life exploring the mysteries of the bacteria in our gut.
He claims that research has shown that the microbiome in your gut can affect whether you stay fat or thin, get diabetes, control your mood and even increase your risk to get cancer.
A potentially life-threatening infection of the colon called C. difficile, caused by using antibiotics to fight other infections in your body kills the good biome in your gut at the same time, infects 500,000 people here in the USA and kills 28,000 people from uncontrolled diarrhea every year!
Dr. Patricia Hibberd an infectious disease specialist and a professor of medicine at Boston University said on 60 Minutes “The whole idea that maybe throwing in good bacteria that we would take by mouth that hopefully would land in the right places in the GI tract and work with the immune system, we just don't know how to do any of that”.
She was asked that since the probiotics industry is a multibillion-dollar industry, is there convincing evidence that commercially available probiotics have been found to be beneficial for reducing diarrhea from antibiotics, treating irritable bowel syndrome and decreasing allergies?
Her surprising answer, contrary to what you may believe to be true was “NO!”
But you take them, and even spend quite a bit of money for them and you absolutely have felt a difference, right?
It was suggested that one cause of this confusion may be the placebo effect, that some people using probiotics may feel better because they expect to feel better.
Figuring out what probiotics do inside you is very complicated. Each person's microbiome is unique, so the same probiotic may have different effects on different people claim professors Eran Elinav and Eran Segal found at Israel's Weizmann Institute of Science.
They collected thousands of samples from a group of adult volunteers half who were given very large doses of commonly available probiotics and half a placebo. They used multiple endoscopies and colonoscopies to look across the entire gastrointestinal tract at places where nobody has looked before.
What they found was that the probiotics that went in, went right out the other end and didn’t populate the gut! They expected that at least some would settle in at least temporarily in your gut but they didn’t!
Apparently capsule, powder and tablet probiotics are destroyed over 90% in the stomach and even spore forms, that may survive, have too little time in transit to come back to life out of ‘suspended animation’ and become strong adult bacteria before they exit. That's why you will find plenty in your feces.
Unfortunately, these findings contradict much of the conventional wisdom and beliefs about probiotics.
Is there an answer, an effective probiotic we can take? Yes, and it’s called a SYNBIOTIC!
A Symbiotic is, according to the International Scientific Association for Probiotics and Prebiotics, “a mixture comprising live microorganisms and substrate(s) selectively utilized by host microorganisms that confers a health benefit on the host”.
We found only one, a new Synbiotic, Doctors Biotic Colon Health™ capable of doing what we need. For example, they published in the Journal of Gastroenterology Research a study in August of 2020, showing complete, 100% suppression of C. difficile using this product.
It is the newest scientifically created product on the market. It uses 15 strains of patented “Next Generation 'Smart' Bacteria” living and growing in a 100% organic vegetable-fruit juice substrate also containing prebiotics, capable of surviving the stomach over 85% and populating the colon wall.
Go to www.doctorsbiome.com to learn more about this special, first of its kind, game changing product.